Little Mead is an idyllic area, on the edge of the village of Brendon, surrounded by wooded hills, providing complete seclusion – ideal for walkers, horse riders, golfers or fishermen.
Quiet and tranquil Brendon is only 3 miles from the Doone Valley and the picturesque towns of Lynton and Lynmouth
Footpaths criss cross the area over the open moor, through wooded valleys and along the spectacular Exmoor coast line
It is an easy drive to the pretty village of Porlock along the dramatic scenic coast road
To the west are the superb beaches of Croyde and Woolacombe.
Exmoor Holiday Cottage: Little Mead Brendon – Photographs
Salmon, sea trout and trout fishing is available on the East Lyn River: Down stream of the cottage tickets are available from Brendon House Hotel (lOOyds from the cottage) for the Glenthome and Watersmeet fishery. Tickets also available upstream of the cottage on the Badgworthy Water.
Walking: The walks are too numerous to mention except to say that from the cottage you can either walk along the river, up onto the moor or along the coastal path. All are within easy reach.
Eating out: There are any number of excellent eating places. The Stag Hunters Inn is only 250 yds from the cottage and the Rockford Inn a mile further on and the Blue Ball at Countisbury. Also the Rising Sun, Lynmouth at just under 4 miles away. A particular favourite of ours is the Fox and Goose at Parracombe about a twenty minute drive away.
The Exmoor Cottage Facilities:
- Sitting room: colour combi T.V.(Sky) plus D.V.D. player / Wi-Fi
- Kitchen/diner: electric oven, microwave.fridge/freezer and dishwasher and washing machine
- Second Sitting Room: Large T.V.(Sky) plus D.V.D. player and dining table with seating for six. Beautiful views up the East Lyn Valley.
- Sleeps 6:
- 1 Double bedroom downstairs
- 1 Double and 1 Twin room upstairs
- 1 bathroom and WC
- 1 shower room and WC
- Central heating is provided by the rayburn which is lit from mid September to early May. There are night storage heaters in the hall and the sun lounge/diner. Oil for Rayburn: £20 per week extra.
- Electricity is included
- Ample parking for three cars
- All bed linen, towels and tea towels are provided
- We regret no children under twelve; the river in the garden is not fenced
- Well-behaved SMALL dogs are permitted by arrangement. We make a small extra charge for them! (£20/week)